Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

On the Sixth Day of Christmas my true love gave to me a "Christmas Classics Christmas Tree" Card


Hi Everyone,

By now I am on holidays at lovely Port Stephens for a week and I am hoping that the remaining 12 cards of Christmas are coming onto my Blog as scheduled. Having to get all the cards completed before going on holidays has been a challenge especially as daughter number 2 is getting cranky that Mummy isn't playing with her. I have promised that both daughters will have my undivided attention next week!!!

I am very happy the way this card has turned out. I know that I have used the same Christmas colours as yesterdays card but as Hubby says. Red and Green are the true colours of Christmas.

Here I have used Christmas Classics again. When I bought this set I wasn't too sure how I was going to use it but I attended a Stamp a Stack with the lovely and talented Marelle Taylor (you should check out her 12 cards of Christmas they are gorgeous!!!), and one of the sets of cards used this stamp set. I have used her technique to give the tree a bit off a pop off the card. I inked the tree up using Old Olive and then used a cotton bud or Q tip to remove the ink off the star and also off the trunk. I then coloured the star in Real Red using my Stampn' write marker and the trunk in Chocolate Chip using the same method. I then stamped the whole lot onto the scallop edge diamond. I then reinked the tree in Old Olive and stamped it onto a piece of scrap Whisper White. Using my trusty sissors I then cut out the middle and then the bottom section of the tree. Using some SNAIL and Dimensionals I have attached the tree sections onto the original tree.The scallop edge diamond that the tree has been stamped on is from a tutorial I found on Splitcoast Stampers.

The base Real Red card stock has been stamped with the Holly stamp in Versa Mark. I attached a strip of Ski Slope DSP. Made another diamond scallop, slightly larger,  in Old Olive to use as my mat and hey presto you have nice looking card. The sentiment is from the same stamp set stamped in Old Olive and  punched out with the Large Oval and popped onto the Scallop Oval.

Materials (all Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Christmas Classic
Card: Real Red, Old Olive, Whisper White, Ski Slope DSP
Ink: Versamark, Real Red, Old Olve
Other: Dimensionals, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch.

'Til tomorrow

Juliette

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails