Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Dad's Birthday

Hi everyone,

Just a small break in my countdown to Christmas. I will be back later today with another offering in the series but I thought you might like to check out something that wasn't Christmassy for a change.

This Friday just gone was my Dad's 77th Birthday and we are going out for lunch today to celebrate. Now what do you buy a 77 y/o who has everything? Mmmm a Gift card seemed a good idea - but how do you make it look nicer than just a gift card? Well you make a gift card holder. I got this idea from Lauren Meader and she has a small tutorial on her site (just click on the link and you will be taken straight there).

I also thought I would bring out a new stamp set to me Sense of Time - I am so happy that it made it into our catalogue as I have many ideas to try with it.

So with no more rambling here is the wallet and card I made for my Old Man!!!
Here is the wallet with the gift card in it.
Here is the wallet inside a pizza box I made as well
Yes you will probably see this wallet all made Christmassy at a later date in my Countdown to Christmas - there are so many possibilities with it.
Materials Used: All Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Sense of Time
Paper: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake
Other: Big Shot, Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Corner Rounder, the Button from the Sizzlets Timeless Type Junior Alphabet, Pewter Jumbo Brad, Crop a Dile, 1/4" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Dimensionals.

Thanks for looking. Don't forget to check back later on for my next installment of Countdown to Christmas.

'Til next time,

Juliette

1 comment:

Jess S said...

thanks for the inspiration!
I have created and posted one over at my blog, linking back to your post. It can be found here - http://jesscraft.blogspot.com/2010/12/gift-card-holder-great-christmas-idea.html
Thanks
Jess

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails