Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

I {heart} Hearts

Hi everyone,

Well I have been a little slow in making Valentine cards etc. I guess it stems from the fact the DH and I don't actually celebrate Valentine's Day. DH is very against being told what to do and as a result just because the stores say you have to celebrate it he doesn't!!! Makes life interesting when Christmas comes around though (he does tend to bow down and participate with that one!!!)

Today I have a couple of cards that are fundamentally the same but have a very different look and feel about them. Now neither of these ideas are my own. The first one you have probably seen all over the net but this is my take on the inset embossing technique.


I have used the I {Heart} Hearts stamp set and inked up the three heart image and then punched them out using the the Heart to Heart punch. I have also just punched out some hearts using the same punch and then glued them to the Whisper White background. I have then adhered that to a mat of Pretty in Pink and then run the two pieces of card stock through the Square Lattice Embossing folder. I then added some Real Red Satin Ribbon then attached the card to another mat of Real Red before attaching the whole lot to a Crumb Cake card base. Add a 'fake' bow and a sentiment from Short and Sweet and hey presto.



This second card has been inspired by Gretchen Barron (click here to see her post). Once again I have stamped the three heart image from I {Heart} Hearts and punched them out using the Heart to Heart Punch. A few more hearts punched out using the same punch on plain card stock. Adhere them to the Whisper White base using glue (I use two way glue for this). I then adhered this to a mat of Real Red. I then cut a piece of Vellum paper to size and ran it through the Big Shot using the Elegant Bouquet Embossing folder. I then stamped the sentiment from Word Play onto the Vellum using Real Red. I adhered this on one side to the original pieces, added a strip of Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon. Adhered this to another mat of Pretty in Pink and then the whole lot to a card base of Crumb Cake. Once again another 'fake' bow finishes the card off.

As I said basically two cards that are fundamentally the same but different.

Thanks for looking.

'Til next time,


Juliette

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails