Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

"It's my Birthday today. I'm older than yesterday!"

Hi everyone,

If you are now all singing Justine Clarkes song I apologise. It also means that you have young children and will continue to sing this song for a while yet...

Yes it is my Birthday today. Yes I am older (although probably not wiser) than yesterday. Last night I celebrated with some of my good friends and we went out for dinner. Would you like to check out the cake that we had?

Here is a close view of the side.


Rather than take a cake and then pay per slice I thought I would make a cake out of cardstock and fill it with yummy Dove chocolate. It was well received. After trolling through cake slice templates on the net I ended up making up my own. The only downside was that I don't have a scanner and couldn't put the template onto the computer so that I could just print it onto the cardstock. I have a lovely friend who will help me do this so stay tuned and I will add my template to my blog so you can download and make your own.
Do you want to see some of the lovely cards that I got? Nearly everyone that came to dinner last night makes their own cards so I got some gorgeous ones. Not all are using Stampin' Up! product but that means I can look at their cards and work out what SU! products I would use to make them.

This first card is from my bestie Sam. She made me a Never Ending card. If you would like to check out how to make one then look at this link on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAVAzDtcdw0 .

Sam has used the SAB set Punch Bunch along with Trendy Trees. SU! colours used are So Saffron, Perfect Plum, Regal Rose, Whisper White. (Oops I have been reliably told that the colours are So Saffron, Perfect Plum, Rose Red and Very Vanilla!!!). It is absolutely gorgeous and I must have a go at making my own. I love it to bits. The little card next to it holds a voucher for a dress shop so I can go shopping.

The next card I am going to show you is from my other bestie Amanda.
Her attention to detail is stunning.
The next card is from the lovely Michelle W


How gorgeous is this? Not only has she maed the card and yes cut the flowers out by hand but she made the envelope as well!!! The inside is even lined in DSP.

My next card is from one of my very talented down lines Michelle C

I have wanted to make a card like this for ages but have never got around to it. Isn't it just perfect?

My next card is from the very clever and talented Mel - if you think this card is great you should check out her scrap booking. OMG is all I can say.

My next card is from one of my good customers Kylie. 

It is so nice to see Happy Moments from last years SAB being used.

Last but not least I have a card from another very good customer and sister to my bestie Sam - Kristy P.


All in all I have to say I have done very well and I am very lucky!!!

Thanks for looking.

'Til next time,

Juliette




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All beautiful cards you are loved and everyone knows how much you would appreciate hand made cards,
Mel x

Shandell said...

Happy birthday!! Weren't you spoilt with such lovely cards :) I love the cake idea - very clever!

Debbie Lamb said...

Happy belated birthday Juliette. The cake you made is gorgeous - a great idea and so very creative! And, the cards you received are stunning.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails