Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Happy Fathers Day

Hi everyone,

Well I hope that everyone has been spoiling their Dads, Hubby's or Partners today as it is their special day.

Naturally we need to make a card for them to go with their gifts and this then brings out the OMG what am I going to make? Masculine stamps are few and far between and unfortunately a few that were in our last mini catalogue were not carried over to our new main catalogue.

I have three cards to show you. This first one is for my Dad.

This one shows the stamp Sail A Way that was in the last mini. Now although it has not been carried over to the new catalogue it has not been retired yet - so I guess I can get away with it!!! The Jumbo Eyelet unfortunately has retired but I managed to get a little stash before they all sold out.

Materials Used: All Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Sale A Way, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White, Marina Mist DSP
Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Night of Navy
Other: 1/4" Night of Navy Grosgrain Ribbon, Jumbo Eyelet, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF

This next card is for my Father in Law. My Hubby and I got married 20 years ago on Fathers Day. My Hubby is one of 4 boys and I remember when my FIL made his speech at the reception he said that he and my MIL had been without a daughter for the last 20 odd years but now they finally had one. So needless to say my FIL has a very special place in my heart.

I have used the much neglected set Pendant Park. I just love the tree and for some reason this set always drops to the bottom of the pile. I actually inked the tree up using three different greens and my trusty daubers (although it is a little difficult to tell!!)

Materials Used: All Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Pendant Park, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Always Artichoke, River Rock, Early Espresso, Always Artichoke DSP, Very Vanilla
Ink: Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Garden Green
Other: 1/4" Early Espresso Grosgrain Ribbon, Jumbo Eyelet, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF

This last card is one that I made for my girls to give to their Daddy. Note I made this card at 7am this morning whilst my DH was having a sleep in!!!

Rather than using the Pennant Parade set I dragged out my Party This Way set for the banner. I did use my Petite Pennant Builder Punch to punch out the banner. An easier way of doing things than having to cut them out like I have done before!!!

Materials Used: All Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Party This Way
Paper: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Pacific Point, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Pacific Point
Other: Hemp Twine, Petite Pennant Builder Punch, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Top Note Die, Timeless Junior Alphabet Sizzlets, Movers & Shapers Punch Windows Star.

I am now going out for lunch with my sister and my Dad which will be great.

Hope you all have a great day.

Thanks for looking.

'Til next time


Juliette


2 comments:

Amanda Higgins said...

Well I must say, they are all very lucky men to be receiving those beautiful cards Juliette...even if one was made at 7am. ;)

Margaret said...

These are wonderful! I love the red sails on the boat, and your multi-colored leaves are so pretty!The layers and texture on the last one really make it stand out! I'm sure all of your guys loved their cards!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails