Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

2011 Countdown to Christmas - Day 1

Hi everyone,

As promised I am back with my first post of my Countdown to Christmas for 2012. Over the next 25 days I intend to show you a variety of ideas for Christmas - from cards, tags, decorations and gifts. Hopefully some of these ideas will inspire you. I will say up front that not all of the ideas are my own. I will give credit for ideas that I have borrowed but remember that I probably can't remember where I saw all of the ideas.

My first project today is a Christmas card. I like being able to use non Christmas stamps for Christmas. It shows how versatile a set is. I saw this idea on Kerry Buntings blog last year when we did a blog hop - so I will give her the credit. Click here to see her gorgeous card.

I have used the set Artistic Etchings. The "baubles" have been stamped in Versamark and then heat embossed with Gold EP. The crowns from the set have also been stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with Gold EP. I have then cut them out - now mean feat I can tell you. I have used the Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions EF to resemble a tree and added a little 1/8" Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon. The sentiment is from Beautiful Season.

A rather "elegant" looking card even if I do say so myself. I have to ask though why is it that I only tend to bring out the embossing powders at Christmas?

Thanks for looking.

'Til next time,


Juliette

1 comment:

Margaret said...

This is such a fabulous way to use this stamp set! I would never have seen the crown as an ornament cap!! This card is gorgeous with all of the embossing and ribbon.
I am the same way with embossing... I think we feel the need to add a little extra something for the holidays!! But I do need to get in the habit of pulling things out more than once a year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails