Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

"I feel the Need, the Need for Speed"

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the Top Gun reference for my blog post title but every time I see the name "Need for Speed" I always think of this quote.

Last night I had some of my lovely ladies come and make some cards using Need for Speed. Male cards are difficult because you can't pretty them up with a ribbon and bow and some pretty DSP. The set Need for Speed is perfect for male cards.


I stamped each of the images on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and then cut them out using a non SU! die (I know me bad but I really wanted oval shapes and our Sizzix dies just weren't the right size). I then stamped the images again on scrap Very Vanilla and cut them out and popped them up using dimensionals. this just adds a little more interest to the cards. The sentiments are all birthday ones and are from a variety of stamp sets - Curly Cute, Perfectly Penned, Bring on the the Cake and Happiest Birthday Wishes. The DSP is from the paper packs. The colours of card stock are Cajun Craze, Marina Mist, Always Artichoke, Basic Grey, Real Red and Sahara Sand. The colours of ink are Real Red, Marina Mist, Basic Grey and Always Artichoke.

Thanks for looking.

'Til next time,


Juliette

2 comments:

Margaret said...

If you start singing "you've lost that lovin' feeling", I will be forced to call you Maverick! LOL!
You have an amazing collection of guy cards here! Awesome colors and the popped up images add detail without being too 'pretty'! Great masculine cards!!

Debbie Lamb said...

Perfect for masculine cards Juliette and very inspirational. I didn't think that I "needed" this set. Might have to reconsider :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails