Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fresh Vintage meets Sunny Challenges & Creations

Hi everyone,

Had a little bit of time to play this weekend, although if anyone can please find Mr Mojo I desperately need him to come home. I have spent a good amount of my time sitting at my desk and looking at my cardstock, stamps and ink and saying to myself I have no idea what to do. I even have new product from the up coming Autumn-Winter Mini catalogue and still no inspiration.

I decided to have ago at a challenge or two and today marks the first day for the Sunny Challenges & Creations weekly challenge. The challenge this week is a sketch challenge combined with the chalkboard technique.

Here is the sketch.

Here is my attempt.

I decided to turn the sketch on its side as there is nothing that says it has to be exactly the same right? The ruffled ribbon border was inspired by Libbys (will link back to her blog when it goes live) card. I was just going to have a scallop border but thought the ruffled seam binding would look better.

Materials Used: All Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Fresh Vintage
Paper: Rose Red, Whisper White, Basic Black, Marina Mist DSP
Ink: Whisper White Craft 
Other: Big Shot, Ovals Die, Stampin' Pastels, uni-ball Signo Gel Pen, Rose Red Seam Binding.

Thanks for looking.

'Til next time,

Juliette



Pin It

6 comments:

Vicky W said...

Such a pretty card Juliette. Your ruffled border & that pretty bow are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this week at Sunny Challenges & Creations. PS I know what you are saying with the mojo....

Margaret said...

If this is what a missing mojo card looks like, I would LOVE to see an inspired one!! You did an amazing job on this and I love the image on black!
I do understand how it is to look at all my supplies and think "Now what?" Just keep crafting!!

Jean McKenzie said...

This image came up really nicely with the chalks colouring! I like how you have set it off with the gel pen. Great idea.

Christine Blain said...

This is lovely, Juliette! Nice choice of stamp, and I love the white gel accents. Your bow is gorgeous, and the ruffled seam binding is a very pretty touch.

Kris McIntosh said...

Simply gorgeous Juliette. Love the colours and the stamp you used. Of course the ribbon treatment is devine. Thanks for joining us this week at Sunny Challenges and Creations.

Unknown said...

I like this Juliette I love your style Hugs Elaine
I am now a follower

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails