Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

On the Seventh Day of Christmas my true love gave to me a "Season of Joy" card



Hi everyone,

This card is one that I made for a Stamp a Stack I held last week. I decided that it needed to be easy (like all of my cards LOL), as the people attending had never stamped before. I have to say they did a fantastic job and I hope to see them back again soon.

My two daughters love pink and purple so I thought I would make a card out of Lovely Lilac and Pixie Pink. I inked up the stamp in Pixie Pink and then used a cotton bud (Q tip) to remove the Pixie Pink off the poinsettia's. I then used my Lovely Lilac Stampin' write maker to colour them in. The snow flake in the middle of the word "joy" is actually the small snow flake from Snow Swirled punched out with the 1/2" Circle Punch and popped on a dimensional. This is a very basic way of altering the stamp which in itself is lovely. There are many otherways you could do it including putting brads on it or colouring each section in a different colour with the Stampin' writes.

The base card has  been stamped with the snow flake and poinsettia from the stamp set in lovely lilac just to give it a bit more to look at.

Materials used (all Stampin' Up!)
Stamp: Season of Joy, Snow Swirled
Card: Lovely Lilac, Pixie Pink, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White.
Ink: Lovely Lilac, Pixie Pink.
Other: Dimensionals, Lovely Lilac Stampn' Write

Till tomorrow

Juliette

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails