Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sympathy Cards (again)

Hi everyone,

Wow nearly a week since my last post. Time does fly doesn't it? By now a lot of my fellow demonstrators are getting very excited at the prospect of attending Convention this Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately I am not - but can't wait to hear all about it at Marelle's team meeting on Monday.

Anyway I was asked by a friend to make a sympathy card. I couldn't decide on which colour, although the stamp set was easy to choose - Thoughts and Prayers. This stamp set is great as it is not only for sympathy but also has a great range of get well sentiments. I have just used the branch with flowers on but there is another stamp in the set that has a lovely tree on it.

On each I have used the direct to rubber technique although when I realised that I didn't have the Cameo Coral Stampin' Write Marker, I inked the stamp in Cameo Coral and then used either the Old Olive or Close to Cocoa Stampin' Write Markers to colour in the branches and leaves.

Although you can't see it too well I have also sponged around the Whisper White in the different inks to soften the edges a little.

Materials Used: All Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers, Pendant Park
Paper: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Rose Red, Cameo Coral (retiring in September), Close to Cocoa (retiring in September)
Ink: Cameo Coral, Rose Red, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive Stampin' Write, Close to Cocoa Stampin' Write, Rose Red Stampin' Write, Not Quite Navy Stampin' Write.
Other: Silver Brads, Trio Flower Punch, Daubers

'Til next time,

Juliette

2 comments:

Christine T said...

These are gorgeous Juliette!

Liam said...

I didn't realise you weren't going to convention. I just assumed you were. I don't think I will be able to make team meeting so enjoy. talk to you soon.

liam. Love the cards.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails