Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Medallion makes a statement

Hi everyone,

Ever since I got the Medallion stamp I have wanted to create the card I am going to show you. Now the execution wasn't all that terrific - I think I will need to use the Brayer to ink the Medallion evenly as I seem to have an issue with the centre of it.


Kerry Bunting over at KB Papercrafts, did a gorgeous card in just Black and White. I love Real Red and wanted to use it for the centre of the medallion.

I used Versamark and heat embossed with Black embossing powder the main medallion. I then reinked the stamp with Versamark and then inked with Real Red and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder the centre of the medallion onto scrap Whisper White. I cut the centre out and popped it over the main medallion with dimensionals. A little Real Red Ribbon and a sentiment from Tiny Tags and you are done.

Materials Used: (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Medallion, Tiny Tags
Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark, Real Red
Other: 1/4" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Clear embossing powder, Black embossing powder, Heat Tool, Medium Jewelry Punch, Black Brad, Dimensionals

I have a few more colour combinations floating around so you may see some more of these later.

'Til next time,

Juliette

1 comment:

Jean said...

Stunning! I LOVE black and whtie and red. You have so many lovely cards and projects here on your blog. If you enjoy challenges, at www.justscraps.ca we post a new challenge every second Sunday and would love to have you play along. Drop by and visit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails