Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

A small Birthday Gift

Hi everyone,

This afternoon I am going to a birthday party. There will be 9 young children making Top Note boxes. Yes I have already cut, pre-scored and even put Sticky Strip on the boxes to make it easier for them. The girls will be using Pony Party and the boys Lots of Bots to decorate the boxes. In fact the girls one is just like the one I did for the Stampers Anonymous Blog Hop and you can see the picture here. I am taking my Big Shot along so that the kids can 'crank the handle' and make the top notes - they seem to enjoy this!!!

Well I thought I should also turn up with a small gift for the Birthday Girl so thought I would make a small pencil holder like you can find on Patty Lee's blog here. I adjusted the size a little and reworked the measurements into cm's. Now normally when I am working on something I tend to make up a 'proto type' in any old scrap cardstock I have, but this time my proto type is actually the one I am giving (probably due to time restraints). I was brave and cut up a fresh piece of Melon Mambo before I really thought about it. I should have either used a roller on the cardstock or stamped it but before I realised it I had actually put it together.

What do you think?

Here it is open with the pencils inside.

I think the next one I make will be two colours and maybe some dazzling diamonds for bling. You could make it out DSP like Patty Lee but I think it may be a bit flimsy. Although DSP for decoration would be good too.

Materials Used: All Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Party Hearty
Paper: Melon Mambo, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Bashful Blue, Melon Mambo
Other: Boho Blossom Punch, Silver Brad, Polka Dot Textured Embossing Folder, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Dimensionals.

'Til next time,

Juliette

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hope it went well for you Juliette.

Anonymous said...

Everyone really enjoyed the craft you did Juliette! Thank you so much, Charlotte had a fantastic birthday party! The gift you made was stunning! Lol Kathryn X

Amanda Higgins said...

Gorgeous Juliette, can't wait to make one myself!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails